The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only.
The information is provided by the Confédération Européenne de Pétanque (CEP) and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the CEP. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the CEP takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Why we use social media
The CEP uses social media to communicate and engage with all of our stakeholders, including our membership, other people and organisations working in our sport, decision-makers and the general public. Our social media channels enable us to reach a far wider audience than our traditional means of communication, helping to expand the reach and impact of our work in promoting the development of physical and moral qualities that develop from the positive engagement in sport
We use Facebook to:
- Showcase a broad range of the CEP’s activities, including results and photographs from our various events
- Provide our members and other stakeholders with an alternative to more formal methods of communication with the CEP
The CEP Facebook Page is administered by the Board of Directors. We update and monitor this Facebook Page during regular business hours.
We welcome your comments on our Facebook Page and its content. But before you post them, please make sure that you do not include:
- Any unnecessary personal information such as your address or phone number.
Please note being ‘liked’ by or followed by the CEP on any social media platform does not imply endorsement of any kind.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, the CEP recommends that you do not include the names, phone numbers or email addresses of friends, employers, or organisations in the body of your comment or post.
Comments or posts that include personal information, or identify a particular organisation or person may be removed.
Please note that by posting comments on the CEP Facebook Page and its content, you are consenting to the collection of your personal information by the CEP. This information will be collected for the purpose of obtaining feedback. The CEP will not disclose this information without your consent, unless required by law.
The CEP will monitor the CEP's Facebook Page during regular business hours.
The views of participants commenting on our Facebook Page and/or its content do not necessarily represent the views of the CEP.
Inappropriate, abusive, discriminatory, offensive or unlawful comments are prohibited.
- Requires a valid Facebook account for every comment.
- Will review posted comments, but cannot commit to replying to all comments and/or moderating all discussions on our Facebook Page and/or its content.
- Expects posted comments to be relevant to the topic and/or image they are posted to.
- Reserves the right to edit or remove comments, in whole or in part, for any reason, including comments that:
- Express racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or threatening messages;
- Are aggressive, coarse, violent, obscene, or pornographic in tone;
- Are offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone, or otherwise abusive;
- Are not sent by the author; put forward for advertising purposes;
- Are unintelligible, or otherwise inconsistent with the purposes of our Facebook Page;
- Are repetitive or spamming of threads; or
- Are in any way contrary to law.
Any user acting contrary to these rules may be temporarily or permanently excluded from commenting on our Facebook Page and/or its content.
Your use of our Facebook Page and its content is at your own risk. The CEP does not represent or warrant that the CEP Facebook Page and its content and/or the Facebook site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, nor does the CEP represent or warrant the correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or appropriateness of the content contained on our Facebook Page, or that the content is free of viruses or other harmful code.
The CEP and its directors, commissions, members, agents and independent contractors shall not be responsible or liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of or in connection with the Facebook Social Media website, including its content.